- This event has passed.
Public Tours of Askinosie Chocolate Factory
November 20 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Here’s something not-so-secret: Our chocolate tastes even better once you’ve toured our small factory on Commercial Street in Springfield, MO. We love welcoming visitors from near and far who are eager to learn all about how and why we make chocolate, and of course nibble on some delicious samples.
We’ve missed sharing chocolate and cheer! After a two-year hiatus, we’re excited to be offering our beloved Holiday Factory Tours in November and December 2022. Join Shawn Askinosie, Founder + CEO, and Kevin Cott, Retail Manager, for a festive peek behind-the-scenes. Sample our seasonal chocolate bars, shop gifts in our storefront (at a discount), learn about Direct Trade and our chocolate production process, plus support Chocolate University while you’re at it.
Askinosie Chocolate factory tours offer a behind-the-scenes look into what it takes to craft small-batch, handmade, bean to bar chocolate. You’ll learn about how and why our chocolate is made from rare cocoa beans we source directly from farmers across the globe. Our doors are open to you for public tours Mondays at 3:00 pm. Our informative and entertaining tour will take you around the factory, allowing you a peek inside the secretive world of chocolate making. We’ll provide a concise education on how we make our small batch chocolate, focusing on our ingredients and the various machines we use. We’ll also discuss our Direct Trade practices, our community development work, Chocolate University, and even delve deep into each of our origins. And don’t worry, we won’t forget to provide you with plenty of tasty chocolate samples.
Tours last approximately 45 minutes. You are welcome to stay afterward and shop in our factory storefront, with a 10% tour discount. Reservation fees are $8.00 per person. Keep in mind that when you pay for a tour 100% of your donation directly supports Chocolate University—a public charity serving local students in Southwest Missouri and students at our cocoa origins.
THINGS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT TOURS:
- Currently public tours are every Monday at 3:00 pm, excluding holidays and last approximately 45 minutes.
- Reservations are strongly encouraged. You may book your spot below. We can accommodate walk-ins if our maximum capacity is not met but we cannot guarantee a tour to walk-in visitors without a reservation.
- We prefer no children under 5 years of age (it’s a factory); in the event that is not possible, they must on a hip or in a stroller at all times.
- Maximum tour capacity is 15 people.
- A 10% tour discount is valid on in-store purchases only on the day of your tour.
- Open-toe shoes are not permitted.
- While our storefront is wheelchair accessible, at this time our factory tours are NOT.
- We have strong magnets in our factory, which could affect a pacemaker, defibrillator, etc.