- This event has passed.
Bass Fishing Classic presented by SRC
November 5, 2022 @ 7:00 am - 2:00 pm$200
Join the second annual Bass Fishing Classic presented by SRC!
When: Saturday, November 5
Where: State Park Marina, Table Rock Lake
Entry fee: $200 per boat
Guaranteed payout: 70 percent
Note: Anglers are automatically entered into the Big Bass Derby, with the winner receiving $500 in fishing gear presented by Favorite Fishing.
Anglers gift pack: Each angler will receive a nice fishing jersey and a goodie bag with items from Googan Baits and Mercury Marine.
- Eligibility: All individuals 14 years or older with a paid entry fee may fish. High school anglers may have a non-fishing coach in the boat. A team consists of two anglers per boat.
- Entry Fee: $200 per boat. Each angler is automatically entered into the Big Bass Contest presented by Favorite Fishing.
- Launch and Check-In: Boats may launch from any ramp they desire. Boat check-in will begin at 7:00 am and each boat must check in at the Boathouse Dock at State Park Marina by 7:20am. Check in location will be clearly marked by event banners. Contestants must leave and return to the official weigh-in site by boat. A Hall of Fame official will announce for the check-in to begin, and boats will idle past the dock with live wells open and visible to the dock official. At that time, the anglers will receive their goodie bags sponsored by Price Cutter, Mercury Marine, Bass Pro Shops and Googan Baits. (Jerseys will be given out at the weigh-in.)
- Locations: Fishing is permitted anywhere on the tournament lake except within 50 yards of another contestant’s anchored boat, trolling motor up. Additionally, no fishing will be allowed in any areas marked Off Limits or No Fishing by the Corps of Engineers, state, local or federal officials.
- Weigh-in: Weigh-in bags will be distributed as boats return for the weigh-in. Weigh-in will take place in the parking lot of State Park Marina, just above the Boathouse ramp. After fish are weighed in, a release boat will be available, for the proper release of fish. During the weigh-in, anglers will receive their tournament jersey. Immediate after the weigh-in, we will have a drawing for door prizes.
- Scoring: Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spotted Bass will be scored, five (5) fish limit per boat. All lake rules apply. A short fish will result in a one-pound deduction from the total weight and disqualification of the short fish. A dead fish will result in a half pound penalty from the total, but the fish will still be weighed and count towards the total weight. No more than 5 fish are allowed in your live wells at any time. Anyone bringing in more than five fish to the weigh-in scales will not be allowed to weigh in ANY fish. A courtesy bump tub will be provided.
- Ties: Ties will be broken by 1) most fish weighed in, 2) earliest entry. Big Bass ties will be determined in the same manner.
- Late Penalties: All Anglers are due back by the announced check-in time. There will be a one-pound penalty for each minute late, with an automatic disqualification after 10 minutes. NO EXCEPTIONS. Official time will be determined by mobile phone.
- Tackle and Equipment: Only artificial and pork style baits may be used. No live bait. No Alabama rigs. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel. Only one rod and reel per angler may be in use at any time.
- Boats and Motors: Any boat 14 feet or longer meeting Coast Guard requirements with a functioning kill switch, bilge pump and properly aerated live well will be allowed.
- Safety and Sportsmanship: Safe boating must be observed at all times. Life jackets and kill switches must be used anytime the combustible motor is running above idle. All contestants are required to follow the highest degree of sportsmanship, courtesy, and conversation.
- Special Situations: At the discretion of the Tournament Director, the tournament may be shortened or postponed due to unsafe weather or water conditions. Breakdown: In the event of a breakdown, the team may transfer their fish to another contestant’s boat (or rescue boat) for transport to the weigh-in site, meeting the following conditions: the fish must be placed in a segregated live well and one member of the breakdown team must accompany those fish to the weigh-in site. Early Departure: Any team departing prior to weigh-in must contact the Tournament Director (Marty Willadsen 417-880-3300).
- Covenant Not to Sue and Waiver of Subrogation: All participants agree that they will not sue the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, State Park Marina or their staffs for damages on account of injuries, death, or damage.
- Knowledge of Rules is the Responsibility of Each Contestant. If one angler has received these rules, then it is deemed by the Tournament Director that BOTH anglers have received these rules. Failure to read these rules or ignorance of them is no excuse. Any announcements made by the Tournament Director at the tournament site take precedence over written rules. The decision of the Tournament Director shall be final in all matters and are not subject to appeal.
- $200 Entry Fee per two-man boat.
- Launch from ramp of your choice.
- Boat Check-in (Idle by) from 7:00 am – 7:20am at Boathouse Dock at State Park Marina. Late starts must be approved by Tournament Director.
- Blast off for Group 1 will be at 7:30 am. Others as directed by Tournament Director.
- Return to Weigh-in site (Boathouse Dock parking Lot) by 3:00pm. Late return rules apply.
- Guaranteed 70% pay out. Number of monetary pay-outs will be determined by the number of boats entered.
- Big Bass winner will receive $500 in Favorite Fishing Merchandise.
- Door Prize drawing to follow weigh-in.