It is officially winter! It is also only a few days until Christmas which means holiday traveling for a lot of people. A winter storm is projected to take place throughout this week through the Ozarks. The Missouri Department of Transportation is warning drivers to be alert of the unknown road conditions during this winter storm.
Below are a few recommendations for preparation of the winter storm and tips on how to be cautious this winter.
- Check the road conditions via the National Weather Service.
- Make sure you have a full tank of gas.
- Check your vehicles tires tread and pressure.
- Test your vehicles fluids, brakes, battery, and wiper blades to make sure everything is working properly.
- Keep blankets, gloves, hats, and extra warm clothing in your car.
- Prep water and non-perishable snacks in your car in case of an emergency.
- Try to make sure your phone is mostly charged and keep a phone charger in your vehicle for backup.
Following these winter weather recommendations/tips before traveling does not ensure your safety, but executing these tips will definitely increase your odds of staying safe, being prepared, and aid in uncertainty this winter.