Missouri’s Elephant Rocks in Belleview, Missouri was recently voted the nation’s third favorite natural landmark!
Aqua Expeditions, a recognized travel company and global leader in luxury small-ship expeditions, took a survey, asking over 3,000 Americans which local natural landmarks a tourist would most likely visit… and Missouri’s Elephant Rocks placed 3rd on the poll!
Elephant Rocks State Park is a geologic reserve and recreation area, named after a row of giant, billion-year-old granite boulders that stand end-to-end, resembling a train of elephants.
As for the rest of the Top 10:
- Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- New York’s Niagara Falls
- Missouri’s Elephant Rocks
- Wyoming’s Yellowstone National Park
- California’s Redwood National and State Parks
- Hawaii’s Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Hawaii’s Hanauma Bay
- Iowa’s Pikes Peak State Park
- Arizona’s The Grand Canyon
- Hawaii’s Waikiki Beach